Friday, November 12, 2004

Appreciation For My Parents....

Looking back through the years
Memories of the good and bad
All with accompanied me through my life
Somehow, they were always there in a certain way

Parents to me is a precious gift from God
Thank God for putting them in my life
Come think of it, what have i realy done for them
So down the memory lane i go

Tears and cries of my mom
Anxiety, apprehension, excitement filled my dad
Comes the cries of a newborn babe, a bundle of joy
Happiness and joy filled them over the brim

Happy as I was, having all the attention
Crying now and then, was all I need
Causing trouble was my best
Nonetheless, parents continue to care for me

Many times, I let them down
Many times, I broke their hearts
Many times, I disobey them
Nonetheless they still love me without fail

When sickness comes
Weak and tired they are
Dad continued to work for the family
Mom continued managing the house

When sickness comes to me
Parents showered love and care for me
Nursing me till i was healed
But still i didnt appreciate them at all

Discipline comes with punishment
More angry and hateful i was
Simply continue making the same mistakes and more
Never did understand the real meaning of their doing

Now, young man as I am
Coming out of the memories
Parents have aged with toil and pain
Till now that I realise all that they done for me

Feeling sad, angry with myself
All that I have done, nothing good it seems
Not once did i appreciate them
Always taking them for granted

Now the time to start
No way i could reply them for all that they done for me
So I must now care and love them
Do all I can for them

Dad, Mom thank God for all that you both have done
The blood, toil, pain in bringing me up, guiding me
Thank God for the both of you in my life
And thank God for putting me in this family